Mascara makes your eyelashes look longer and thicker. You will look more glamorous. If there is one choice of eye makeup to use it has to be mascara. As long as you learn the correct application and don’t overdo it, because if you use to much, it will clump into ugly spikes and will possibly flake or even break your lashes.
So be sparing and use these tips and tricks to achieve the perfect look you want.
Types of Mascara
waterproof – not the best choice for every day use, in fact you should only wear it if you need to go swimming looking made up. The reason for this is that waterproof mascara is very hard to remove and could cause damage to your lashes and surrounding skin due to the amount of pressure you have to use to remove it.
You can use either a brush with cake mascara or a wand in a tube. Look down into a mirror, preferably a magnifying one, in good light.
Tweezerman Mirror & Tweezer Set #4005 is probably the best on the market.
Coat the lower lashes by gently moving the mascara wand back and forth in a wiggly movement. Next. do the same to the underside ot the top lashes. Finally, don’t forget to coat the top. Many people forget this and if they close their eyes the lashes look a different color.
Model Girl Mascara Tips
- If you have fairly thin lashes and would like them to be thicker, one simple thing to do is, after the first coat of mascara, dab gently with loose powder on a piece of lint or similar. NOT cotton wool or you will end up with pieces of fluff in your eyes and the cotton wool will stick to the lashes.
- Don’t keep mascara for longer than 3 months or you could create lash and eye allergies.
- Never use your friend’s mascara for fear of infection.
- Brown or brown black is the best color to wear for most situations, but if you feel like being wild get going with the blues and purples.
- Don’t use water proof mascara every day because it’s difficult to remove and you will only end up with broken or lost lashes.
- Always remove properly every night. Unless, of course, you want to wake up in the morning looking like a panda.
- Condition your lashes with caster oil every evening after you have removed your makeup.