Sagging brows and drooping lids can be surgically treated or with regular Botox injections. The third way is to defy gravity with simple exercises that lift and tighten the area around the eyebrows and lids.
With patience and setting aside a few minutes everyday you can achieve an age defying and totally natural look by toning and strengthening the muscles surrounding the eyes.
Exercising those muscles will reverse the ongoing droopiness and restore a youthful appearance to probably your most noticed feature.
Exercise 1 for Eyebrow Lift
- Place the two middle fingers of each hand just under each eyebrow with the palms lying flat but gently on your face.
- With your eyes remaining open, use your fingers to very gently exert upward and outward pressure for about five seconds before using the muscles above your eyes to press your brows down against your fingers for a further five seconds while your eyes still stay open.
- Repeat up to ten times.
Exercise 2 Eyebrow Lift
- With your fingers and thumbs together place the palm of your hands over your eyes with the heels of your hands just under or on your cheek bone.
- Gently rotate your hands clockwise ten times then anticlockwise ten times without taking your hands of the surface of your face.
- Repeat up to ten times. This exercise is also great for helping to relax after too much time at the computer or watching TV.
Exercise 3 Eyebrow Lift
- Start by looking straight ahead.
- Look up as far as you can without moving your head. This will cause your forehead to wrinkle as you use the muscles around the eyebrows.
- Hold for five seconds and then look down for five seconds.
- Repeat up to ten times. You will feel the muscles in the eye area working and don’t worry that this exercise will cause wrinkles on your forehead, its more likely to tighten that area up as a bonus.
This is where you will need patience as it is unlikely that you will see any noticeable results for at least four weeks but if you persevere you will eventually be rewarded with a definite improvement as that tired sagginess begins to give way a younger, more vital looking, you.