The best beauty advice for beautiful eyes you can be given is to get a good nights sleep. The effects of sleep are that your eyes will look clearer and you’ll be more alert and ready to cope with the day ahead.
However, for many people getting a good nights sleep is easier said than done.
Some of us are too wound up when we go to bed to sleep properly. Others fall asleep straight a way but wake up in the early hours tossing and turning. You might be a light sleeper and be disturbed by the slightest noises during the night. Circumstances can affect our sleep patterns in many different ways.
Well we all have periods of sleeplessness, caused by worry, small babies that need attention, stress, illness, restless partner or even caused by watching a late night horror movie.
It is very easy to fall into a bad sleeping rhythm without realizing the cause. Try to work out the possible reason and make the effort to avoid or change whatever the habit is that is affecting your nights rest. It might be something that you really enjoy at the time but the sacrifice will be worth it. You will look and feel better, be more alert and better able to cope and those eyes will look sparkling.
Insomnia affects millions of people. Sleep is vital for your well being, both physical and mental. Lack of a good night’s sleep can aggravate the immune cells in the body for the following 24 hours. It contributes to accidents due to fatigue and lack of alertness. After a good nights sleep you feel healthier, more alive and able to cope with almost anything.
If you have sleep problems, here are some tried and tested tips
- Cut down on late night drinks of tea and coffee, they contain caffeine, which will keep you awake. It is also a good idea to cut out alcohol at least an hour or two before going to bed.
- Do not go to bed on a full stomach so avoid eating too late as this could interfere with your digestive system and cause restlessness. One way of getting out of the sleepless habit is to eat in the early evening at about 6.30 pm or as near as possible.
- Avoid heavy food or richly spiced food. If you must indulge then eat them at lunchtime.
- Don’t take too much heavy exercise just before bedtime; it is best done during the day.
- Sometimes it helps to have a special routine at bedtime, like taking a hot bath with a few drops of calming aromatherapy oil, such as sandalwood or lavender that will help relax you.
- Try listening to relaxing music and create a nice atmosphere with scented candles and soft lighting.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea just before going to bed. This herbal drink has very relaxing and calming properties that will help you to nod off.
- Try to switch off your mind from your daily problems by reading a book that is not too dramatic. A nice easy going read that does not make you want to keep turning over to the next page. Potboilers are out.
- Buy an herbal pillow.
- Once in bed make a nightly routine of relaxing all the muscles in your body one by one.
- Just make yourself very comfortable and let your mind just drift.
- Remember that old saying “an hour before midnight is worth two after” and it is true.