More time, more attention and more make-up products are involved in enhancing the eyes, lids, lashes and eyebrows to look attractive than all the other parts of the face put together. Sparse eyelashes will definitely not enhance your looks.
Of these, the lashes are vital for framing the eyes and giving emphasis to the make-up of the lids. There can be occasions, for a variety of reasons, when lashes fall out to leave the eye area looking strangely sparse.
Even if no loss of lashes occurs, a natural lengthening and thickening of the hairs is obviously a major benefit. After all, this is exactly the effect you are attempting to achieve with the use of mascara or false lashes.
So how can you make sparse eyelashes thicker?
We know of no product or treatment that has proven to be an unqualified success in promoting the growth and regeneration of eyelashes despite the fact that there are many that claim to have a beneficial effect.
Undoubtedly some of these will, in favorable circumstances, be seen to stimulate growth and thickening for some individuals, but we cannot be sure who will benefit and why.
All body hair obeys the same rules: –
- Whether it is facial hair, head hair, pubic hair, eyebrows and lashes or hair on any other part of the body, it will only grow to a certain pre-determined length if left uncut.
- The density and final length of all body hair, including lashes, is predetermined by the genes.
- Replacement of lost hair from the roots typically takes between 4 to 8 weeks to regenerate to normal length.
- Diet, careful grooming and the avoidance of strong glues when applying false leashes will help in keeping the eyelashes thick and long. The adhesive used in applying false eyelashes can result in eyelashes being torn out unless great care is taken when applying and removing.
- Lack of thickness and length can be disguised by careful use of mascara.
How to Treat Your Eyelashes
Your eyelashes are one of the most important beauty assets that you have and need to be treated with care unless you want to suffer from eyelash loss. You will need to be gentle with them when cleansing your makeup and face as well as when you are applying your eye makeup. Treat them with the same respect as your hair styling and keep them looking fresh and natural by very gently removing mascara or false lashes before retiring with a good quality make up remover.