However carefully you apply your make-up, the overall picture will only be perfect if your eyebrows are fashioned to fit the shape of your face. Many people pay a visit to the experts to have their eyebrows shaped but if you would rather do it yourself, here are some handy hints to help you make a good job of it.
What are the qualities of perfectly shaped eyebrows? Well, firstly, they should be equal and symmetrical. They should be even and their shade should match your complexion and eye colour. If you would prefer to change the color of your brows, say light brown if you have blonde hair, or black if you are a brunette, you are advised to let the experts in the cosmetic salon do this for you.
The eyebrows have three points:
- the base, which is located at the top of the nose
- the middle, the most angled section
- the extremity at the edge
Perfect brows are in the shape of a comma, the base area of which is approximately 4-5 mm in thickness tapering to a maximum of 2-3 mm at the extremity. The base and the extremity, if not lined up with each other should be corrected, but be careful when doing this as making them too thick will make your face appear darker and making them too thin will give you that forever astonished look.
If the hairs of your eyebrows are sparse, a special eyebrow pencil of the same shade as your hair can be used to shade in the thin or empty parts.
When correcting your eyebrows, you should bear in mind the shape of your face.
- If you have a circular face they will not require further rounding, but obliquely correcting towards the superior part of the base.
- For square features, the brows are usually thicker and more horizontal. You should, therefore, concentrate on making them thinner and giving them more shape.
- A triangular shaped face should have oblique upwardly shaped brows, separated a little from the nose area.
- Diamond shaped faces are likely to only need a small amount of adjustment, with an oblique as possible look.
Now you have perfectly shaped eyebrows and if you comb and massage them with face cream each night, they will become shiny, smooth and healthy looking.