Virtually every body on the planet has an eye color that suits their skin type, but most people who care about their looks wear clothes in shades that they think may suit their hair color or skin with scant regard to one of their most brilliant assets – their eyes.
Nowadays it is so easy if you feel the need to change your eye color. All you have to do is to use colored contact lenses. Many models and actors use them to change their appearance for a shoot or acting part.
Many normal people may think that this is a fairly drastic measure especially if you have good sight, although no harm is done. Modern contact lenses are made from soft and permeable plastic that are comfortable to wear and easy to apply and remove. Indeed, you can wear colored contacts without having to get a prescription.
However you should never forget what nature gave you and if you want to make the most of your natural color you should choose your clothes and makeup wisely.
- Many people have hazel eyes – a combination of brown and green, sometimes with flecks in the middle that can catch the light.
If you are one of the above you are fortunate for both are beautiful colors and are the natural colors of nature.
- Most people who have green eyes are natural redheads or blonds. A wonderful combination that can be used to your advantage.
You should wear a variation of green colored clothes that reflect the light. I always remember a friend of my mother saying to her that my school dress of green gingham made my eyes look greener.
Gold will also reflect in green eyes and brown will contrast and bring out the hazel lights.
Brown, green and gold eye shadow will compliment this eye color.
- Totally brown eyes are usually combined with darker smoother skin. Incredibly deep and mostly belonging to dark haired people. However, even in Northern climes there are many brown eyed fair skinned people. My father, who was Welsh, had black hair and pale skin and deep brown eyes yet I have green eyes and mousy hair.
Brown or taupe eye shadow is the best color for brown eyes and dress colors such as beige and brown will compliment this warm eye color. Never think dull, brown is so beautiful with a huge variety of shades from light to dark that project a sensuous and thoughtful personality.
- Blue eyes are probably the most coveted eye color. Reminiscent of Steve McQueen one of Hollywood’s late great actors. This man had such presence and one of his most memorable features was his bluer than blue smouldering eyes. What a gift?
If you are blessed with this eye color you will not need to do much to emphasize them but think cool, cool. Blue denim is one of the all time favorites and looks especially wonderful with blue eyes.
- Gray eyes are a variant on blue eyes, but are definitely very noticeable. Often giving a cold or glacial look to the eyes the color projects a cool, laid back, thinking personality and can often be found on those with leadership gifts.
Dress sense to go with this eye color should tend toward the lighter shades and try a silvery blue shade of eye shadow to really emphasize the look.
Nowadays you can so easily change your eye color to suit your mood or to change the image you want to project. It is almost like having a major make over without the vast expense.