Remove Eye Makeup
- Take your eye makeup off properly every night without fail.
- Do not rub at ‘hard to get off’ mascara as it could cause your lashes to fall out. If you wake up in the morning with telltale black smudges under each eye you will know you need to rethink your makeup removal procedure.
Eye Moisturising Cream
- Use an eye moisturising cream every night.
- This delicate skin area needs extra nourishment, as it is one of the first places to spot the signs of aging. Choose from creams, gels or fluids that relieve under eye puffiness and pat it into the skin – NEVER DRAG.
- Good quality sleep is the best beauty tip in the world.
- If you have trouble dropping of or keep waking up in the small hours you should make efforts to relax before bedtime.
- It’s not always easy, I know, but try reading a book, having a warm bath filled with scented oils. If I go through troubled times I take an over the counter sleeping pill to get me out of the rut. I am sure that many people will object to this advice, but it works for me and I make sure I only take non addictive pills and even then for a very short period of time.
Abstain From Alcohol
- Too much alcohol will definitely leave you with black rings under your eyes.
- Not nice to hear but try to restrict your intake to the correct guidelines. You will sleep better and wake up feeling better as well as having fresher looking eyes. The medically approved guide to drinking levels is:-
- Women – 14 units per week
- Men – 21 units per week
- Wear good quality sunglasses in bright light.
- This will stop you squinting and help keep fine lines at bay. Your eyesight will be protected from harmful UVA rays as well.
- Try not to spend too long staring at your computer, iPad/tablet/iPhone.
- If your work involves sitting in front of your PC for long periods, make sure you look away at least every 15 minutes and do some specified exercises.
- Taking regular exercise will not only help keep you fit but will increase blood circulation resulting in a glow to the skin. This, in turn, will reflect in your eyes.
- Your diet should include the correct vitamins and minerals to aid your vision and keep your eyes in optimum health.
- Use subtle eye makeup especially during daylight hours when the light can be so cruel.
- Too much will only emphasize any dry skin and/or lines.
- Definitely do not smoke.
- Need I go on about the effect smoking will have on your eyes. Lines and wrinkles will be with you always.
- Last of all try to relax and stop frowning so much.
- This adds years to you and can be stopped by just not doing it. Make an effort to control your facial muscles.
- If you have worries this can be difficult. But remember that worrying doesn’t actually help the problem. Another thing that makes us frown is anger. Well again this can be controlled.
- Look around you at the world and realize that, for most of us, anger in simply a negative attitude that is destructive leaving you drained and looking inevitably older.
|Please check with your doctor before taking any medication|