The clock ticks by for everyone, no matter who you are, but somehow the older you get the faster it ticks. I remember saying to my father when I was about 16 that I would never grow old. How stupid is that !
One of the first things to go are the eyes
- Little, hardly noticeable, creases in the outer corners of the eye especially when you laugh.
- Deepening under eye shadows that now look worse after a late night out.
- Slight yellow tinge to the whites of the eye.
- Gradual droopiness of the brows.
- Frown lines developing, either from squinting in the strong sunlight or too much time spent on the computer wearing the wrong spectacle strength.
However, there are plenty of ways to prevent yourself from looking too old before your time.
- Get plenty of sleep– you always look better after a good nights sleep. This is when the body repairs itself from all the wears and tears of the day.
- Don’t overdo the alcohol – dehydrates the whole body.
- Try to steer clear of stress. Easier said than done I know but causes frown lines and lack of sleep.
- Only use light moisturizer around the delicate eye area.
- Don’t pull the skin or you’ll end up with crêpey skin that is impossible to get rid of apart from surgery.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wear sunglasses in strong light.
- Take advantage of eye treatments.
- Surround yourself with happy people. Happiness creates good aura.
I know you are saying that these tips are commonplace and you know them backwards, but how many of them do you actually take notice of?
If you ignore them you will regret it in later life, unless of course you don’t care if you turn into a saggy old crow by the age of thirty five.